Studybugs and GDPR
On 25 May 2018 new data protection legislation came into force in the UK, known as the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
At Studybugs we’ve completed the necessary preparations to ensure we’re fully in compliance with the new laws. We’ve also put in place internal processes to ensure we remain in compliance as our service evolves in future.
- We never share your personal data unless you ask us to – this hasn’t changed.
- We’ve updated our privacy notice to ensure it’s GDPR-compliant.
- We’ve made adjustments to the Studybugs apps on all platforms to make sure they’re GDPR-compliant too.
- We only process your data in accordance with your instructions – this hasn’t changed.
- We don’t transfer your data outside the EU – this hasn’t changed either.
- We’ve always imposed confidentiality obligations on all our staff, and continue to do so.
- We’ve updated our licence terms for schools to ensure they’re GDPR-compliant.
- All you’ll need to do is review and click to agree to our licence terms when you register for a Studybugs account (or, if you have an account already, you’ll be prompted when you next sign in).
We continue to keep your data safe and secure as we always have done.
You can read more about Studybugs security here.